Lions Youth Camp and Exchange Program 2013
Would you like the chance to spend some time living with a family in another country and attending an international youth camp abroad where you get the chance to make new friends with people your own age from around the world? If so then read on.....
Ringwood & Fordingbridge Lions Club is now accepting applications for anyone aged between 17 and 20 who currently live in the Ringwood & Fordingbridge area and who want the chance to join The Lions Youth Camp & Exchange Program in 2013. If you are interested then simply download and print the application form available below, complete all sections, ask a referee to complete their part, and then sign the declaration. The completed and signed document can then either be scanned and then sent back electronically to email@example.com or printed and posted to:
LIONS YOUTH CAMP & EXCHANGE
RINGWOOD & FORDINGBRIDGE LIONS
23 HIGHTOWN GARDENS
All applications for 2013 placements must be received by us before 30 September 2012.
Lions Clubs International currently have 1.35 million members worldwide in 207 different countries from around the globe. Each year, the Lions International Youth Camp and Exchange Program introduces thousands of young people to life in other cultures by helping them experience living with a host family in another country. Last year over 100 youth camps were available in 39 different countries. Where will you want to go?
The Lions International Youth Exchange Program fulfills the First Object of the Lions which is "To create and foster a spirit of understanding among the peoples of the world".
Essential things you need to know
• Exchanges can last anywhere between 2-6 weeks during which you will have the opportunity to stay with one or more host families in another country and attend an international youth camp in that country. All of your accommodation, food and scheduled travel within that host country will be met by the Lions Organisation.
• Youth camps are 1-2 weeks long and bring together young people from around the world where you will get the chance to learn more about the host country, make new friends, and embark on exciting activities, visits and experiences.
• Every participant in the scheme must have their application first of all endorsed by their local Lions Club which is why Ringwood & Fordingbridge Lions are now accepting applications for 2013. All applications must be received by 30 September 2012 and every shortlisted candidate will be invited to an interview along with their parent(s)/guardian(s).
• Every applicant must:- live in the Ringwood & Fordingbridge area; be aged between 17 and 20; have a referee to support their application; and demonstrate excellent maturity; enthusiasm, with international tolerance and understanding.
• Ringwood & Fordingbridge Lions Club reserve the right to decline any application without explanation or any right of appeal.
• You will be responsible for financing your own international travel to and from your country of choice, any camp fees (some but not all camps may charge a fee), and any spending money for things such as long distance telephone calls, incidentals, and gifts.
• You will be responsible for ensuring that you have all appropriate passports, visa's, and be fully insured to cover any and all contingencies including trip cancellation, repatriation, accidents, medical expenses, personal effects and personal liability during the entire duration of your travel and visit in the accepted country.
• Remember that you are representing Ringwood & Fordingbridge Lions Club, your town, your community and your country at all times whilst in the host country. We will expect you to act appropriately and conduct yourself professionally at all times.